Monday, June 1, 2020

LOVE CONQUERS ALL


“Take courage, I have conquered the world.” – John 16:33

He was intently listening to my talk. I noticed that he was even taking down notes using his phone. But there was something wrong. He avoided eye contact every time I looked at him. As I was about to step out of the venue, I heard someone call out my name. It was him.
“Sir, thank you!” He shook my hand with his head bowed down. “Your message moved me to enjoy life again.”
“Praise God! Is there anything that you want me to pray for you?” I asked. His reply shocked me.
“I wanted to commit suicide this morning. But today, I heard that my worries are nothing compared to God’s love!”
He continued with his story. His father was an overseas worker. His mother passed away when he was a young boy, so he grew up with his grandmother. He hung out with the wrong friends who were there when it was fun but went missing when he was down. This made him feel lonely most of the time. He felt that the world could move on without him. He changed his perspective about life after he heard about Jesus. He realized that if God was willing to die for him, then it wasn’t right for him to end his own life.

The worries of this world may affect us but remember: He has “conquered the world” (John 16:33) - alvinfabella@yahoo.com, Didache, May 25, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment