Monday, September 28, 2020

WHO'S YOUR HERO?

He was born José Protasio Rizal Mercado y Alonso Realonda. He changed his name to “Jose Rizal” because it took too much time to write. :)


Nah, he changed it to avoid complications while he was studying in ManilaThe name "Mercado" was suspicious because it had links to Father Burgos who was executed during the uprisings. Rizal would be "markado" if he used "Mercado" ;)

My first serious encounter with "JR" was through his novel Noli Me Tangere. I had no choice. "Noli" was a requirement in high school. 

I became curious about him. He become my hero. My "lodi" in today's jargon. 

I like his style. He was cool. He exemplified meekness. He took the peaceful route to promote change. It was the pen over the sword for him. That for me was powerful!

I love his patriotism. He dedicated his life for his countrymen without hesitation. He never fought on an actual war but his writings opened the eyes of the Filipinos.

He became a role model for me. I tried to copy everything in him. Well, except his love life. My heart belongs to my wife Christine only.

One of my favorite Rizal quotes goes, "Filipinos don't realize that victory is the child of struggle, that joy blossoms from suffering, & redemption is a product of sacrifice."

That's my man! 

He's still my hero today. But through the years, I added a few more names in my heroes list.

Everyone needs a hero to look up to. Heroes inspires one to #RiseUp & be a carrier of positive change. 

Who's your hero?

Get your hero's good points & copy them. Study them. Aim to do better than them. Then, BE A HERO to SOMEONE!

More importantly, remember that God is your ultimate hero. HE died for you. He always wants the best for you.

Happy National Heroes Day Pinoys!

Have a blessed week! - alvinfabella@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment